Re: Microphone Sensitivity on the Braillenote Touch Plus

Jaffar Sidek

is there a switch that will lower the Mic's gain on your device?  or a volume knob that will reduce the volume of the mic?  The ability to turn the mic's volume  helps quite a bit.

On 7/31/2019 11:54 AM, Debbie April Yuille wrote:

Yes, that’s exactly right. SO, I’d like to reduce the Touch’s gain thereby reducing the sensitivity of the mike.

Debbie

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, 31 July 2019 3:15 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Microphone Sensitivity on the Braillenote Touch Plus

Gene,

Sensativity is how well a microphone picks up soft or more distant sounds. If anyone knows how to adjust the actual recording volume, that may well solve the problem.

I agree in part with you.
Sensitivity can be responsible for such distortions as well, specially if it is too high and the person is recording from a close point to the microphone.
I'd say then that it's important to reach a balance between volume and sensitivity.
Sensitivity can distort a record as much as the volume if one of them isn't set up correctly.

Cheers,
Marcio

AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.