Re: New Iphone

Wayne Scott

You can also find help at  applevis.com

Wayne Scott "Everything happens in God's chime."

On Aug 6, 2019, at 8:18 PM, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:

Here is some help   sent to me a day or so ago.

Just chew on it a bit at a time.

Also,  you can find helpful modules at;

Hadley.edu

Bon voyage!

-------------

Hi, Monte.

Here's info from earlier in the year re using a wireless keyboard with the iPhone. The second doc is also from Mike B, and it might be the thing you're looking for; it covers VO and gestures.

HTH,

Dani

iPhone Keyboard Commands and Gestures

Access for Sight-Impaired Consumers extends its appreciation to the unknown author who composed these instructions and the enclosed list of keyboard commands.

We regret we are unable to recognize them publicly on this page but we are pleased to share their instructions with other iPhone and iPod users as per their posting we received.

With the introduction of Apple's iOS 4.1, users now have the ability to fully control their iPhone and its VoiceOver function from a Bluetooth keyboard connected to their iPhone. This feature also applies to the iPod Touch.

iPhone and iPod Touch users can now issue several commands through their bluetooth keyboard to control either of these devices without ever touching the screen. For Windows users, there are some noteworthy differences between a PC keyboard and an Apple keyboard. Instead of the Control, Windows and Alt modifiers, Apple devices use Control, Command and Option keys in these locations on the Apple keyboard. A change that may take some adjustment. Control on the PC keyboard has been replaced ( or maps to) by Control on the Apple keyboard, Windos maps to Command, and Alt maps to Option.

In the keyboard commands that follow, there are several references to a “VO” modifier. The “VO” reference refers to VoiceOver feature on the device which is accomplished through the keystroke combination of Control + Option.

For example, if the required keystroke is “VO plus Down Arrow”, you perform this keystroke by holding down Control + Option, then pressing the Down Arrow simultaneously.

In the list of keystrokes that follow, we have use the "+" key or symbol as the connector when two keys are to be pressed such as the Command key followed by another key. The use of the "*" indicates the two keys are to be pressed simultaneously. For example, “Left Arrow * Right Arrow”

indicates these two

keys are to be pressed at the exact same time.

Should you find some of the keys with multiple modifiers do not seem to work with your Bluetooth keyboard, try using the other modifier.

For example, the

Apple Bluetooth keyboard has Control, Command, and Option keys to the left of the spacebar, but it also has an Option key to the right of the spacebar.

When performing any commands that require holding down all three modifiers, such as to increase the VoiceOver volume (VO + Command + Up Arrow), you may have to use the right Option key; if you use the left Option key, the command will likely not work. This is no doubt a limitation of the Apple keyboard and not iOS 4.1.

Most of the text navigation commands that make use of the Command key can also be performed by substituting the Control key for the Command key; the Command key being easier and faster to locate on the Apple keyboard. This tip is especially useful for some Windows-based Bluetooth keyboards.

iOS 4.1 has a feature called quick nav, which when enabled, allows for easier navigation between elements using the keyboard. To enable/disable quick nav, press the Left Arrow * Right Arrow. Remember, the "*" indicates these two keys are pressed simultaneously.

The following 57 keyboard commands are categorized into four sections under the following headers: General Navigation, VoiceOver Controls, Text Navigation and Unix-Style Text Navigation. For each action, we have listed the corresponding keystroke when quick nav is enabled and when it is not.

Some commands

can only be performed with quick nav is either enabled or disabled, so the corresponding entry in the table states N/A if the command does not apply. We have also listed the corresponding VoiceOver screen gesture (where

applicable) for reference and ease of transition.

General Navigation

table with 4 columns and 23 rows

Action

Keystroke (QuickNav enabled)

Keystroke (QuickNav disabled)

Equivalent Gesture

Toggle QuickNav

Left Arrow * Right Arrow

Left Arrow * Right Arrow

N/A

Previous element

Left arrow

VO + left arrow

Flick left

Next element

Right arrow

VO + right arrow

Flick right

Previous element by rotor

Up arrow

VO + up arrow

Flick up

Next element by rotor

Down arrow

VO + down arrow

Flick down

Previous rotor setting

Up arrow * left arrow

N/A

Rotate counter-clockwise

Next rotor setting

Up arrow * right arrow

N/A

Rotate clockwise

Activate selected element

Up arrow * down arrow

VO + space bar

Double tap

Previous text field

shift + tab

shift + tab

N/A

Next text field

Tab

Tab

N/A

Read page from selected item

VO + a

VO + a

Two finger flick down

Read page from top

VO + b

VO + b

Two finger flick up

Move to first element

control + up arrow

N/A

Four finger flick up

Move to last element

control + down arrow

N/A

4 finger flick down

Scroll up 1 page

option + up arrow

N/A

3 finger flick down

Scroll down 1 page

option + down arrow

N/A

3 finger flick up

Scroll left 1 page

option + left arrow

N/A

3 finger flick right

Scroll right 1 page

option + right arrow

N/A

3 finger flick left

Move to status bar

VO + m

VO + m

N/A

Activate back button

Escape

Escape

2 finger scrub

Activate home button

VO + h

VO + h

N/A

Start/stop current action

VO + -

VO + -

Two finger double tap

table end

VoiceOver Controls

table with 4 columns and 11 rows

Action

Keystroke (QuickNav enabled)

Keystroke (QuickNav disabled)

Equivalent Gesture

Next VO setting

VO + command + right arrow

VO + command + right arrow

N/A

Previous VO setting

VO + command + left arrow

VO + command + left arrow

N/A

Next VO setting

VO + command + right arrow

VO + command + right arrow

N/A

Increment selected VO setting

VO + command + up arrow

VO + command + up arrow

N/A

Decrement selected VO setting

VO + command + down arrow

VO + command + down arrow

N/A

Pause/resume speech

Control

Control

Two finger single tap

Toggle speech

VO + s

VO + s

Three finger double tap

Toggle screen curtain

VO + shift + s

VO + shift + s

Three finger triple tap

VoiceOver help

VO + k

VO + k

N/A

Exit VoiceOver help

Escape

Escape

N/A

table end

Text Navigation

table with 4 columns and 23 rows

Action

Keystroke (QuickNav enabled)

Keystroke (QuickNav disabled)

Equivalent Gesture

Next character

N/A

Right arrow

N/A

Previous character

N/A

Left arrow

N/A

Next character

N/A

Right arrow

N/A

Next word

N/A

Option + right arrow

N/A

Previous word

N/A

Option + left arrow

N/A

Next word

N/A

Option + right arrow

N/A

Next line

N/A

Down arrow

N/A

Previous line

N/A

Up arrow

N/A

Next line

N/A

Down arrow

N/A

Start of line

N/A

Command + left arrow

N/A

End of line

N/A

Command + right arrow

N/A

Top of document

N/A

Command + up arrow

N/A

End of document

N/A

Command + down arrow

N/A

Select text

N/A

Shift + navigation keystroke

N/A

Select all

N/A

Command + a

N/A

Cut

N/A

Command + x

N/A

Copy

N/A

Command + c

N/A

Paste

N/A

Command + v

N/A

Undo

N/A

Command + z

N/A

Redo

N/A

Shift + command + z

N/A

N/A

Shift + command + spacebar

N/A

N/A

Command + spacebar

N/A

table end

Unix-Style Text Navigation

table with 4 columns and 8 rows

Action

Keystroke (QuickNav enabled)

Keystroke (QuickNav disabled)

Equivalent Gesture

Previous character

N/A

Control + b

N/A

Next character

N/A

Control + f

N/A

Start of line

N/A

Control + e

N/A

End of line

N/A

Control + a

N/A

Backspace

N/A

Control + h

N/A

Delete to end of line

N/A

Control + k

N/A

Return (new line)

N/A

Control + m

N/A

table end

****************

I put together a word document in a table that has things separated into sections and the table has three possible columns.  First is the action, seconde is keyboard command and third is gesture.

VoiceOver Keyboard commands and Finger Gestures 05/22/2018

You can control VoiceOver using a Wireless Keyboard paired with an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. You can also use the number keys on a Wireless Keyboard to dial a phone number, enter numbers in calculator, and to enter your pass code on the lock screen.

You can use VoiceOver Help to learn the keyboard layout and the actions associated with various key combinations or gestures.

VoiceOver Help will speak

keys and keyboard commands as you type them, without performing the associated action.

VoiceOver keyboard commands and Gestures

The main keys used with VoiceOver are Control and Options pressed together. In the rest of this document, they will be referred to as "VO Keys."

table with 3 columns and 54 rows

Action

Keyboard

Gesture

Turn on VoiceOver Help

VO-K

4 finger double tap

Turn off VoiceOver Help

Esc (Escape)

2 finger scrub or press the home button

Answer/Hang up phone

VO-Hyphen

2 finger double tap

Also pauses and restarts audio ...

Select the next or previous item

VO-Right Arrow or VO-Left Arrow

1 finger flick right or left

Activate the selected item

VO-Space bar

1 finger double tap

Activate back button

Esc

2 finger scrub

Go to Home screen

VO-H

Press and release the home button

Go to the status bar

VO-M

1 finger touch in the Status Bar

Move one screen left

Option key-Left Arrow

3 finger swipe from left to right

Move one screen right

Option key-right arrow

3 finger swipe right to left

Read from the current position

VO-A

2 finger flick down

Read from the top

VO-B

2 finger flick up

Pause or resume reading

Control key

2 finger touch

When writing/editing text, Read current character

VO-c (pressing it twice speaks phonetic word

See Rotor gestures

Read current word

VO-w (pressing it twice spells the word, 3 times spells it using phonetic letters

See Rotor gestures

Read current line

VO-l

See rotor gestures

Copy the last spoken text to the clipboard

VO-Shift-C

3 finger quadruple tap

Search for text

VO-F

Mute or unmute VoiceOver

VO-S

3 finger double tap

Open Control Center

VO-m then Option key down arrow

1 finger touch in Status Bar followed by a 3 finger flick up

Open Notification Center

VO-m then Option key-up arrow

1 finger touch in status bar followed by 3 finger flick down

Open the Item Chooser

VO-I

2 finger triple tap

Change the label of the selected item

VO-/

2 finger double tap and hold the second tap

Turn the screen curtain on or off

VO-Shift-S

3 finger triple tap

Create an new Email, new Text Message, New Note, New calendar event

Command-n

1 finger double tap on new/add button

Reply to an Email

Command-r

1 finger double tap on reply button

Send an Email

Command-Shift-d

1 finger double tap on send button

table end

Text editing

Use these commands (with Quick Nav turned off) to work with text.

VoiceOver reads the text as you move the insertion point.

table with 2 columns and 17 rows

Action

Keyboard

Go forward or back one character

Right Arrow or Left Arrow

Go forward or back one word

Option-Right Arrow or Option-Left Arrow

Go up or down one line

Up Arrow or Down Arrow

Go to the beginning or end of the line

Command-Left Arrow or Command-right Arrow

Go to the beginning or end of the paragraph

Option-Up Arrow or Option-Down Arrow

Go to the previous or next paragraph

Option-Up Arrow or Option-Down Arrow

Go to the top or bottom of the text field

Command-Up Arrow or Command-Down Arrow

Select text as you move

Shift + any of the insertion point movement commands above table end

Quick Nav (Only for wireless keyboard)

Turn on Quick Nav to control VoiceOver using the arrow keys.

table with 2 columns and 10 rows

Action

Keyboard

Turn Quick Nav on or off

Left Arrow-Right Arrow

Select the next or previous item

Right Arrow or Left Arrow

Select the next or previous item specified by the rotor

Up Arrow or Down Arrow

Select the first or last item

Control-Up Arrow or Control-Down Arrow

Scroll up, down, left, or right

Option-Up Arrow, Option-Down Arrow, Option-Left Arrow, or Option-Right Arrow table end

Single-key Quick Nav for web browsing

When you view a webpage with Quick Nav on, you can use the following keys on the keyboard to navigate the page quickly. Typing the key moves to the next item of the indicated type. To move to the previous item, hold the Shift key as you type the letter.

table with 2 columns and 37 rows

Action

Keyboard

Turn on Single-key Quick Nav