Re: Jaws 16
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Control, alt, + page up or down for temporary changes.
Control, alt, windows key, + page up or down for permanent changes.
To change voice rate temporarily while JAWS is in "say all," adjust speed with pageup or pagedown alone.
To change the speech rate plus other voice options through the Jaws context menu try the following:
1. Press, Insert + J, to open the Jaws context menu, then press the letter, O, to open submenu options, or arrow down to, Options, and press enter.
2. Press the letter, V, to open the Voices submenu, or down arrow to, submenu Voices, and press enter.
3. Press enter on, Voice adjustment...
4. Tab 4 or 5 times to, Voice adjust combobox, All Contexts, 1 of 5. In this 1st dialogue you can adjust the voice rate, punctuation, spell rate, and upper case pitch change for all voices / cursors at once.
5. Now down arrow to find the PC cursor, Jaws cursor, Keyboard and Tutor message voices. Tab down through each of these individual cursors to adjust the voice person, voice rate, voice punctuation and voice pitch for these various cursors individually.
6. If you make any changes in any of the above dialogues make sure you apply and save the changes.
Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.