Re: Thoughts on Orbit 20

Joe Orozco

Thank you for that perspective!

If I may add another question, how great is the Orbit at productivity?
I understand it is not a full notetaker, but part of the reason I'm
interested is to do some writing while on my commute. I don't mind
that it will only produce plain text. I like the portability of it,
but I do want to make sure that it is easy enough to transfer text
files between the Orbit and a PC for more advanced word processing.

Thanks again!

Joe

On 8/8/19, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
Hello,

I think the Orbit is solid, bluetooth works well, but the lack of routing
keys is annoying to be sure. You can adjust, but I'm not sure that I really
have adjusted. There's something about being able to immediately jump to a
point on the line with a routing key that just can't be compared. I think
it's pretty good though.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 12:24 PM Joe Orozco <jsoro824@...> wrote:

Hi,

I got a chance to briefly look at the Orbit 20 at the NFB convention
last month. The product looked solid enough, but not having gotten the
opportunity to really put it through its paces, I still have a few
questions, even with the potential for a slight discount off the
regular price for convention attendees. Any help would be appreciated.

1. How well does the Bluetooth connectivity work between the Orbit and
iOS? I've only had experience using my iPhone with a U2 and found the
experience pleasant enough. Can I count on the Orbit giving a similar
stability? Are the commands generally the same?

2. I'm something of an ignorant snob and have pause about there being
no cursor routing keys. How easy have you found it to navigate to
specific points in a document for editing?

3. What do you not like about the Orbit?

4. In your opinion, is the product solid enough to buy now, or should
I hold out for a second generation?

Thanks guys for helping me make an informed purchase.

Best,

Joe

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970)
(393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!