Re: windows10 question

Monica Jones

I click on this link and Internet Explorer or Jaws just sits there. I notice that happens at times.

Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] windows10 question

Well. Agree there is no such option for W10! Now I did find out how to fix it and will give a link on how to do it. So far it has worked perfect. The link talks about doing it in W8 but it works the same way in W10! I know because I did it. See link below and enjoy!

http://lifehacker.com/5959230/customize-the-logon-logoff-and-shutdown-sounds-in-windows-8

Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 12:59 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

Just went through the control panel/ power options and could not find the setting for Hybrid shutdown?

Marie

Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 9:04 AM

Hi,

Regarding Windows startup sound: Marie is correct if you’ve turned on what’s called hybrid shutdown. You need to turn hybrid shutdown off (Control Panel/Power Options).

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 8:58 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

I have discovered that the Windows start sound only occurs after a restart and not on the initial boot up from a shut down? Strange but I have found no way to change this behavior and no exit sound.

I assume you have been in the Privacy section of Settings and if you are like me, it is pretty confusing. so read each option carefully and I find the majority of them can be safely turned off. In particular there is one that tracks your writing which definitely should be turned off in my opinion. There have been several tutorials done on the Win 10 setting which I find useful.

Marie

Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:06 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] windows10 question

Well, got my W7 mostly back where I wanted it!

Now doing some things with W10 .

First how do you get the windows startup sound to work when windows starts up? Also when it exit windows? I looked in sounds but have found nothing for windows startup or windows exit.

Also does anyone know how and what I need to turn off in W10 where MS is snooping around where they don’t belong? It also seems to me there was something about your router they publish or shared or something like that. Thanks for any input and help this will get me started.

Matt.from.florida@...

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.