Re: Need explaination how Siri and Internet works

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  As far as I understand, Siri will work on both Data and WIFI connections.  If your IPhone or Mac has access to WIFI, then it will resort to a Wifi connection, Wifi being the prefered or default choice.  If not then it will resort to your data connection.  Siri will not work if both Wifi and data connections aren't available.  Cheers!

On 8/12/2019 7:44 AM, Loy wrote:

Yes, I understand that Siri needs Internet to work, but my question is does Siri connect to Internet with the same signal as phone calls?I need to understand this so I can call my provider to see why  I can't connect to Internet but can place calls.
----- Original Message -----
From: Alex Stone
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2019 4:26 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Need explaination how Siri and Internet works

Loy, Siri needs an internet connection in order to work, maybe when you’re not on Wi-fi you’re not connected to the internet.

On 11 Aug 2019, at 20:58, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:

I need someone to explain to me how Siri works on network. I don't want to sound ignorant when I call Sprint, my provider. Here is my problem, When I am away from WiFi, Siri has trouble connecting to Internet. I use Siri to compose and send text. Is connecting to Internet different from connecting to cellular for phone calls I have no problem making calls or receiving calls and texts.I have plenty of data on my plan.