Re: Thoughts on Orbit 20

Ann Parsons

Morning all,

Joe, the Orbit 20 doesn't have any onboard translation software. What you put in is what you get. The Orbit can read text and braille files. I don't think it can read Word files. You have to put a Word file through Send-to-braille or Braille Blaster to convert it.

Part of the reason it is good for kids or for people learning braille is that you can type in what used to be called grade 1-1/2 and it will display it, just as you've typed it. This allows a user to write using the contractions he or she has learned and not worry about having the rest of your written material translated.

Bottom line, you have to translate files into text or into braille before displaying them on the Orbit.

Ann P.