Re: Audio Editing HELP!

Victor

Audacity is a great free software program. We use it at the radio station where I work and it serves our needs pretty well. Gold wave and reaper cost money. I think gold wave cost around $50 and reaper costs around $100. At least that’s how much they cost the last time I checked. They might cost more now.

Victor

On Aug 21, 2019, at 1:09 PM, Carrie Morales <carrie@...> wrote:

I’ve heard of audacity. I’ve also heard of goldwave and reaper. I’ll wait to see what others think is the best for this. Thanks Gene!

Carrie Morales

YouTube: Live Accessible

Instagram: @LiveAccessible

Twitter: @LiveAccessible

Email: carrie@...

*Picture Description: Text reads Live accessible: blindness or Low Vision does not define or limit you on a blue background

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 4:09 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Audio Editing HELP!

I may, but I don't know enough about just how you would do these things with various programs to know if it is the best option.  Audacity is a good program but others may have many comments on the subject. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 3:01 PM

She does not have a mixer, so we’d need a program and I don’t mind helping her out with it. Do you have any software recommendations?

Carrie Morales

*Picture Description: Text reads Live accessible: blindness or Low Vision does not define or limit you on a blue background

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 3:58 PM

It depends on how she intends to work.  If she is going to use a mixer, she can create the files, then combine them into one, using a program or a method that will combine the files. 

If she wants to do all these things with software, she may have to use another recording program.  For example, I would think she would want the music to play, then fade down while she talks, then increase to full volume again.  Working with software, she will probably need to use another program.

If she knows nothing about creating podcasts, she may need a tutorial or personal instruction.

Gene

----- Original message -----

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:43 PM

So a friend of mine wants to do a podcast type deal. She wants to record and add an intro and outro and piece different pieces of recordings together. Can you do that with mp3 direct cut?

Carrie Morales

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 3:24 PM

What kind of files do you want to edit?  If you are only working with MP3 files, MP3 Direct Cut is the best option.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:13 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] Audio Editing HELP!

Hey Everyone,

What’s the easiest and most accessible audio editor compatible with JAWS? Preferably free?

Carrie Morales

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.