From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Joe Giovanelli
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:33 AM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] playing midi files with vlc

Hello,

I hope my question is at least close enough to what this group covers and
that you can help me.

My aim is to open a folder of MIDI files and be able to have them played
without having to manually go from one to the next.

I use VLC to play other files and hoped it would work with MIDI. VLC
preferences show that it can be associated with MIDI files but they do not
play.

I was told that perhaps associating VLC with a .sf2 file would solv the
problem. Where can I find a .sf2 file which can be associated with VLC? Is
there another way for MIDI files to play sequentially?

In case it's important, I'm running Win 7.

I will gratefully receive any help you may have. I believe that some
discussions have referred to Sound Fonts.

Joe Giovanellli, W2PVY