Re: maybe a virus?

Donald L. Roberts

Gerald, It didn't work as the two question marks after each period are still present.

Don Roberts

On 8/22/2019 8:52 AM, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io wrote:

I researched this issue online, and discovered a very esoteric fix which I don't really understand.?? I tried it, and hope it works.?? I am sending this message as a test.?? If it does not contain double question marks after each period, then the fix works.?? If it works, I will post the instructions for the fix for the benefit of others who are experiencing a similar problem.

Gerald

On 8/22/2019 11:24 AM, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io wrote:

Okay, I just read this message character by character, in my Thunderbird In Box, and it appears that double question marks were somehow inserted after every period.?? I proofread the message before I sent it and I also read the copy in my Sent folder, and there were no question marks, so I don't know where they are coming from.?? Can someone provide instructions for getting rid of them?

Gerald

On 8/22/2019 11:16 AM, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io wrote:

Whatever you do, do not under any circumstances click on this survey.?? It is almost certainly malware.?? I suggest that you install Malware Bytes and run a scan. I am using the free version of Malware Bytes and it seems to be fully accessible with JAWS as long as you use the tab key to navigate through the various options.

Gerald

On 8/22/2019 10:09 AM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

For the past 2 days I've been getting an occasional popup that's some sort of survey. I'm running windows 10 and google chrome, and the only virus protection I have is windows defender. How can I go about getting rid of whatever is causing this popup, and do I need to run some other protection besides windows defender? I have malware bytes pro but I've never installed it on this machine.

Thanks.

Troy

.