Re: eloquence on chromebooks and orbit reader

Jaffar Sidek

Yup! eloquence is a TTS engine.  So in order to drive that engine, there must be an interface between the OS and Eloquence, as an example.  For Microsoft Windows, it is currently Jaws and NVDA.  But I don't know if Talkback which relies on the Google TTS engine has been made to communicate with Eloquence.  If it has, then chances are good that it could be used on Chromebook, that is, If Chromebook itself is run on the Android OS..

On 8/23/2019 10:15 AM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
Eloquence, as a TTS engine, is alive and well in Android Land. Make a
purchase from the Play Store and you're good to go. You can switch between
it and any other TTS engine of your own choosing in Android Land.

My limited understanding is that Android apps run on Chrome books; that
being the case, perhaps one could try installing Eloquence on the Android
side of things and see what happens!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado