From: Walter Ramage <wpr@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 9:49 am
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Google Mail for dummies!

Hi. My ISP is Virgin Media, Blue Yonder is a Virgin Media domain and for
some reason I can send to the list from my email client, Outlook 2007 but I
don't know what to do , or how to do it so my Gmail mail (incoming) will
appear in my outlook in box.. Hmm, I see myself as a tech dummy in this
regard but I think I've been too complementary towards myself. Walter.

From: Walter Ramage <wpr@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 9:32 am

Hi. Well, I did say I need help for dummies and now I'm confused because
don't know what you mean by "Just put it in Outlook or the Apple mail
client." Just to add to the confusion a new development has occurred.
This
new email list was created last Saturday. The owner subd me at his end
but
I got no mail, and of course, couldn't send mail. He then subd me with my
Gmail address and I was able to get mail and send mail that way, and I
have
to go to Gmail to access any mail. I'm not an experienced Gmail user, not
yet anyway. He sent me the posting address and via my outlook 2007 client
sent a test message to see what kind of response I'd get from the server
but
there was nothing at all. I went back to Gmail around 40 minutes later to
explain what my ISP had to say about the situation (they had nothing to
say
because they are not blocking anything and there is no reason they say why
I'm having this trouble) and I found that test message was there. So I
tried again from Outlook and that message got to the list but I didn't get
copy in outlook. I did in Gmail. So I don't really understand why 1 I
can
post via outlook and it seems to get there via Gmail but 2. mail posted by
others appear in Gmail but isn't appearing in my outlook in box. Talk
about
confused, a night's sleep hasn't made things any clearer. Walter.