Re: Request: Recommendations For Good High Capacity Router

Ron Canazzi

Hi DJ,

Sorry for the multiple posts, but here's another question. I see that Netgear has routers with both 2 and 3 bands.  The model you referenced has 2 bands.  something called the AC2200 has 3 bands.  What is the advantage of the 3 over the 2 if any?  Will older devices work with the 3 band versions?  The 3 band versions seem to be somewhat more expensive.

Again, any help will be greatly appreciated.

On 8/24/2019 10:50 AM, DJ wrote:
We have the RBR-50 with multiple satellites model RBS-50. The entire system operates as one single wifi network so you do not have to worry about multiple network names and passwords.

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 10:36 AM David L Minton, Jr <djdavesdeli@...> wrote:
Good morning, would you be able to give the model number of your router? Because we are having issues with our spectrum router. And are looking to purchase one of our own.

On Aug 24, 2019, at 9:12 AM, DJ <grouloc@...> wrote:

I have the Netgear Orbi wifi system for my household which currently is running 23 wireless and 5 wired devices. Multiple simultaneous video streams and plenty of online gameplay occurs without a hiccup. WiFi is strong and and solid  and yes the system is very accessible. Netgear developers even worked with me to make a part of the Orbi app accessible. Now it is possible to manage individual devices on the network using VoiceOver. The system is costly but well worth it in my opinion. I will never go back to a standard router.

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 8:01 AM Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Group,

I think my current D-link router is n the way out.  I now have 8 total
devices: 3 wired and 5 wireless devices which need access to it.

Can anyone recommend a high capacity and accessible router that will
have more durability than the standard 50 dollar wonder available at
local computer stores or on Amazon?

Keep in mind that I will have to do the set up myself, so accessibility
of whatever interface--usually browser based--is an essential requirement.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"