From: Matt [mailto:matt.from.florida@gmail.com]
Sent: 18 November 2015 10:04
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Google Mail for dummies!

Hi, is this agmail account? You are trying to setup in outlook? If so what
version of outlook do you have?

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

From: Walter Ramage <wpr@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 9:49 am

Hi. My ISP is Virgin Media, Blue Yonder is a Virgin Media domain and
for some reason I can send to the list from my email client, Outlook
2007 but
don't know what to do , or how to do it so my Gmail mail (incoming)
will appear in my outlook in box.. Hmm, I see myself as a tech dummy
in this regard but I think I've been too complementary towards myself.
Walter.

From: Walter Ramage <wpr@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 9:32 am

Hi. Well, I did say I need help for dummies and now I'm confused
because
don't know what you mean by "Just put it in Outlook or the Apple
mail client." Just to add to the confusion a new development has
occurred.
This
new email list was created last Saturday. The owner subd me at his
end
but
I got no mail, and of course, couldn't send mail. He then subd me
with
my
Gmail address and I was able to get mail and send mail that way, and
have
to go to Gmail to access any mail. I'm not an experienced Gmail
user,
not
yet anyway. He sent me the posting address and via my outlook 2007
client
sent a test message to see what kind of response I'd get from the
server
but
there was nothing at all. I went back to Gmail around 40 minutes
later
explain what my ISP had to say about the situation (they had nothing
say
because they are not blocking anything and there is no reason they
say
why
I'm having this trouble) and I found that test message was there.
So I tried again from Outlook and that message got to the list but I
didn't
get
copy in outlook. I did in Gmail. So I don't really understand why
1 I
can
post via outlook and it seems to get there via Gmail but 2. mail
posted
by
others appear in Gmail but isn't appearing in my outlook in box.
Talk
about
confused, a night's sleep hasn't made things any clearer. Walter.