Re: Request: Recommendations For Good High Capacity Router

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

Are they at it again?  They paid a huge fine a few years back for doing that.

George

On 8/25/2019 4:42 PM, Rob Hudson wrote:
Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. <ukekearuaro@valtdnet.com> wrote:
DJ, we think alike. I will never pay an ISP for a modem rental. They
typically would try to confuse and convince one to rent a modem/router; oh,
we can't fitx it if it doesn't work, we can't provide tech support, etc.
Some of them won't even allow you to activate it. I know Spectrum/Charter and Comcast are cracking down on people providing their own modems. If the mac address is not recognized, the modem will be nonfunctioning. And if you call about it, they will ask if the modem is one of theirs. When you say no, they say, too bad, get one of ours, or no internet.