Re: NVDA Group

Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>

Hi,

Quentin from NV Access provided useful links.

A while back I was asked by the community to produce an updated version of my own tutorial set, which may or may not happen (in the middle of a break from NVDA world at the moment). If yes, it won’t be done until 2020 because there are certain things that must be carried out first (one of these (introduction of stable version of a Python 3 version of NVDA) is greatly affecting NVDA add-ons at the moment; the good news is that more add-ons are preparing themselves for that day).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Mitchel
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

people like me...I need to start at the very beginning. lol I have NVDA loaded but not a real clue as to how to use it. too used to jaws I think.

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM

Yes, I believe the same way.  Holy crap, we agree!  LOL  LOL 

Put simply, the people that are asking the beginner questions are already on other lists like this one asking their NVDA questions, so the word will spread quickly.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:14 PM

Another reason I was hesitant is that the owner of the very large NVDA list, told me I couldn't announce the list there but I think there will be enough publicity to attract a good number of people.  I wasn't sure if we could get enough members and experienced ones but I think the coverage it will get on other lists and in places that inform people of such things should be enough.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 10:04 PM

I will publicize the list and others will.  I think it will probably do well. 

I wasn't sure if it was necessary since there may be enough knowledgeable people on this list and on TechTalk to answer questions but it would probably be of use to have an NVDA list for beginner and inexperienced users. 

I was thinking of starting it and this discussion has pretty well decided me.  I'll probably announce it in the next few days.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:25 PM

I think there was a slight misunderstanding with my last post.  LOL  LOL 

What I said, in different words, you will most definitely get the knowledgeable NVDA users you would like to have on the list that can and will answer the questions that beginner users will be asking.  I also think they'll also answer the questions using lamens terms knowing this list is for beginners.  I think this list will be a winner!

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:53 PM

I hope not.  I think it will get enough interest in various places that enough people will probably join.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:33 PM

I don't think you would have any problems at all with getting the knowledgeable users you're wanting.

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 6:14 PM

I hope that if I set one up, it will attract enough knowledgeable users to answer beginners and less experienced users' questions well. 

Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:03 PM

Hi Gene,

It sure would be nice to have a NVDA list for NVDA beginners.  The current list uses advanced computer language that's tough for novice NVDA users that haven't had computer training let alone for people that are just beginning to use computers with NVDA.

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 3:47 PM

I don't know of one for beginners.  I'm considering starting one.  The NVDA users' list, the only one I know of that is an English list, is

Gene

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 5:39 PM

To: TechTalk

Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

Howdy All,

What is the subscription email address or URL to subscribe to the NVDA list for NVDA beginners?  Thanks mooy moocho.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.