Re: NVDA Group

Gene

I should point out that I haven't left the other list, in case my below message was at all ambiguous.  I still find the other list interesting and a good way to keep up with information about NVDA and events of interest to the community.  I can also help with some problems and contribute to discussions, as well as learn from the list.

What I meant to say is that another member of this list presented similar reasons to mine that the current list isn't friendly to inexperienced users.

Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA Group

The circumstances are entirely different in this case.  I knew there were other JFW lists and I said that before starting another one, it would be good to ask about what is available.  I won't go into the details in this case but the point is that in recent months, the large NVDA list has, in muuy and others opinions,  become discouraging of new or inexperienced members to ask questions.  if you look at the responses of others to my statement that I was considering starting a new list, you will find until now, unanimous agreement that a new list is a good idea.  You will also find a message from a former member of the other list giving reasons similar to mine that he left.

Also, I think it is a good idea for people to be a member of both lists.  The other list may have more information posted to it about topics like new training materials and activities of interest to the community.  I don't know if people will join my list who are active in those areas.

Also, I didn't just criticize someone for starting a new JAWS list.  I said that before doing so, it would be a good idea to inquire about other lists to avoid duplication.  I didn't say one shouldn't be started.  It depends on if its purpose is different from already existing lists or if it is run differently in ways that some people may strongly prefer.

Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 9:39 AM

Just what we need, another NVDA list.  You were quick to criticize another person for starting a new JFW users list when one already existed, yet you are doing the exact same thing, creating a new list which would be largely redundant and cause confusion. What makes you think that your NVDA list would be any better than the one that has been around for many years?

Gerald

On 8/26/2019 8:59 AM, Gene wrote:
To avoid list clutter, I won't respond to individual messages saying people will join.  I'll thank those now in one message.  The list needs a core of experienced members and I appreciate all who join.

Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 2:38 AM

Count me in too.  I'll help all I can.  Cheers!

On 8/26/2019 9:51 AM, Gene wrote:
Thank you.

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:27 PM

Gene,
Count me in. I'm not the most expert on NVDA but not a newbie with things either :)

Also, Brian Gaff (I think that's his name) probably will be interested on participating as well.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Gene wrote:
I hope that if I set one up, it will attract enough knowledgeable users to answer beginners and less experienced users' questions well.