Re: IE and Duolingo

Shelly Kane

Gene:

I have windows 7.

On 8/27/2019 3:14 AM, Gene wrote:
I don't have Windows 10.  If that is what you have, I expect someone will tell you.  If you have Windows 7, I can tell you.  I don't know if my instructions will work for Windows 8.

Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 1:51 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] IE and Duolingo

Gene:

I have been using duolingo in chrome and it's working fine.  I actually forgot how to make it my browser.  I was thinking about downloading Firefox but not sure if that will read things better than chrome.  I only use IE because I like how it reads.  If I could find a browser similar, I would get rid of it.  If you wouldn't mind, could you give me directions on how to make chrome my browser?  Thank you.

On 8/27/2019 2:36 AM, Gene wrote:
I don't know the answe to the question.  Someone may, but maybe the site has changed somehow so it is no longer compatible with Internet Explorer.  Over time, more and more sites won't work or won't work properly with Internet Explorer.

Why would you change the default browser?  Is there any reason not to use the site in Chrome and the default browser for other things?

Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 1:17 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] IE and Duolingo

            Hi group:

I'm not sure who uses duolingo or if any of you do but I have a
question.  For the last week, whenever I open duolingo in internet
explorer, I keep getting page has no links.  I tried it in chrome and
have no problem.  Do you know why this would happen and what I can do to
have it work again?  I really don't want to make chrome my default
browser because I don't like how it reads some things. Thanks in advance
for any help you can give me on this matter.

Shelly