Re: Making a short cut to a web page

Nancy Hill

Wow, Marcio, that sure sounds harder than doing it with Win7.

Please remind me what the context menu is.

BTW, I forgot to mention that I want the shortcut to show up on the Desktop.  Does that make a difference?

Thanks for what you have told me so far.

Nancy

On 8/30/2019 4:04 PM, Marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
Nancy,
In order to create a shortcut for a webpage (in Windows 10), do the following:
  1. Go to the folder where you want the shortcut to be
  2. Make sure that nothing is selected. Press CTRL+Spacebar until you hear "not selected" or something to that effect.
  3. Now, activate your Context Menu.
  4. With up/down arrow and Enter, choose "New".
  5. After you've chosen "New", choose "Shortcut".
  6. Now, on the window that opens, you will type in the address for the webpage that you want.
  7. On the next screen, it's time to give this shortcut a name. So, choose a name and OK it.
  8. That's it! You've just created your shortcut for the webpage :)
Hth,
Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.