Re: success with Fire Fox

Gene

I'm not sure what you are asking about searching.  Control is the command to move you to the address bar to type an address.  You don't need to make Google your home page if you just want to use it for searching and don't care what else is on the page.  Use the command control k and you will be in an area of the window where you type a search and press enter.  You can see, but I believe the default is to search using Google and a page of results will come up.  It will be a Google results page.  If it isn't, if it is something like a Bing results page, that can be changed to Google, but I'd have to look at Firefox to see how to change it.

Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2019 1:21 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] success with Fire Fox

            Hi Group:

I just wanted to thank you all for helping me with Fire Fox. It's
working great.  I had no trouble downloading and when I launched it, it
asked me if I wanted to make it my default browser and I clicked on it.
I didn't have to do all of the things that I needed to do for chrome.
It also reads Facebook just like IE. I'm thrilled about that.  I have
one more question, is there any settings that I need to know about?  I
am very simple.  I just enter web pages by typing in the addresses and I
don't use bookmarks.  I couldn't just hit Control L to search.  It
actually said where to search so I didn't have to type Control L.  Is
there any way I can get rid of that and I can just type it in as
normal?  I never had to set Chrome or IE so just wondered if this was
any different.  This is brand new to me.  Now for my final question,
what are the commands to make google my home page?  I tried the commands
in Chrome but it didn't work.  Thanks again for everything.

Shelly