Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2019 7:03 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Clearing a laptop

hi.
i would recommend you boot the laptop out of the windows 10 media and
do a clean install.
wipe each and every partition and rebuild.
this wont make impossible to recover data but if you reset windows it
keeps a windows.old folder on the c drive which has all of your data.

On 9/5/19, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
> Do you know the person you are selling it to and whether that person has any
> criminal tendencies?  I doubt that reinstalling Windows or doing the restore
> or whatever it is called procedure you asked about will remove data from the
> hard drive such as your personal files.  If it does what deleting files
> usually does, the files won't be accessible to the computer, but someone who
> wants to spend a lot of money or with the right technical knowledge can
> recover them.  There are programs that actually overwrite the information
> and make it unrecoverable.  I'll let others discuss such programs further.
>
> Gene

austinpinto.xaviers@...
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto