saving email attachments on iPod or iPad

Josh Kennedy

Hi,

I got an email attachment that was a zip file. Is there a way to unzip it and read its contents on an iPod touch? I tried sharing the zip file with the files app but it would not let me save it to “this iPod.” The zip file I found out when I saved it in windows, was password protected anyway so I emailed the person asking for a plain zip file.

I would like to know, because I think if I could do some more advanced stufff with the iPod like saving files to it from sendspace, that if my windows machine died, I could use an iPod or iPad as my main laptop until I purchased another windows machine. Voiceover has great Bluetooth keyboard support and braille display support at least it does on iOS, as I have found. I just got a 32gig iPod touch 7th generation because I wanted to see how I liked the latest iOS. So far it is excellent. I like the vo-q command which turns on a second website quick nav so I can navigate by headings and things just by pressing letters on the Bluetooth keyboard. iOS is a very easy simple platform to learn, google android should take some queues from iOS in how it does things and update talkback so its easy like iOS, is.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10