Re: Spectrum Cable box with DVR and Narration?

Terry Olandese

Well, not sure of the number on the box, but they do have an accessibility department that you can talk to. They should know which box that you’ll need.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Merv Keck
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2019 11:29 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Spectrum Cable box with DVR and Narration?

Does any spectrum customer out there know the model number of the world box with narration that has the DVR feature? I am not sure which list to ask on. There used to be a thread or several on the Access Media Team group about spectrum but I noticed they are all locked so I thought I should not begin one over there in case they did not want that company discussed.

On Thursday I spent 45 minutes speaking with a number of spectrum customer service reps setting up an appointment for someone to come out and swap out a regular old Cable box for a new box with narration. They also turned on DVR on my account and assured me that the new World box with Narration had DVR functionality as well as the ability to hear audio described TV when available.

The first appointment was 8 yesterday morning. The tech never showed up. The second appointment was 2 yesterday afternoon. the tech showed up with a non-accessible box. The third appointment was today at 9 in the morning. The tech brought a model 110 and installed it which took about 90 minutes because he had no clue how to connect it, pair the remote to my 60 inch HDTV with a simple HDMI input which does not talk, etc.

After he left I spent over two hours trying to get the DVR and the audio description to work only to find out the 110 was the wrong box. I need a later model. So someone else is coming tomorrow around 11 in the morning.

So I was wondering if anyone knew the model number I should verify when the tech comes to make sure it has a DVR before he leaves.

In the last 48 hours I’ve literally spoken to 11 clueless, apathetic spectrum individual from low level customer service to alleged escalation techs and dispatchers. I’m convinced spectrum is Latin for something really nasty. Laughs!

Merv