Re: Anyone ever installed Android on a PC?

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

Thank you Jaffar.  I will try it when you post it.

George

On 9/15/2019 2:42 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

Hi.  I am afraid you will need sighted help in this scenario.  However, I do have a package for installation on a vertual machine, either VMWare player or Vertual box with Talkback preconfigured and ready to go.  I wil post it with an installation tutorial later this week as I am tied down with work at the moment.  Cheers!

On 9/16/2019 2:09 AM, George McCoy wrote:

Does anyone know how to get talkback to work on Android X86?

It does not come pre-installed.

I installed it and it comes up, but it does not talk.

What are the dependancies?

Thanks,

George

On 8/30/2019 8:32 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

Hang on a few days and I will write out a document for you.  I have Android installed on one of my older machines as well, bbut the process is very involved, that is if you want Android to be the Os on your pc.  If you want to install it in emulation mode, then you need to download BlueStat for windows, but you will need sighted help to activate Talkback.  In fact, it is the same with a full installation also.  Cheers!

On 8/31/2019 9:10 AM, Loy wrote:
I have an older laptop 1.7 Ghz with 3 G memory and it has gotten a little slow for Windows 10, so I thought about seeing if I could install some type of Android on it. Has anyone done this and how difficult is it to do?