Re: Help Getting Started With OpenDrive

Walter Ramage

Hi. When using the Secure folder for the first time you are asked to create a password. This is a password different to your log in password and has no connection. It is very important you remember this password or keep a copy somewhere because not even Open Drive can get access to the secure folder. If you lose or forget your password for the secure folder then you can ask Open Drive to reset the folder but in doing so, you will lose all the content of that folder. Walter.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Margaret Thomas
Sent: 16 September 2019 01:35
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Help Getting Started With OpenDrive

Good Evening:

I apologize if my previous attempt at sending this did make it to the
list. It landed in my in-box and not in the folder where it should have
gone.

I got a licensed copy of OpenDrive to back up documents and files on my
Windows 7 machine a couple months ago. It was not a good time to try to
learn

something new then and, although now isn't much better, I want to try
again and hope some kind person who uses the service can help me get
started.

I downloaded and installed the app back then and created a test folder
in Documents and uploaded a couple test documents and put them in the
test folder.

When I logged in yesterday, I got a message saying that a new version
was available and asking if I wanted to update. I didn't click on yes.
Somewhere
it
seems to say that

version 1.7.4.15 is the most recent. Other than Programs and Features,
which says 1.7.4.9, how can I find out what version I have? Help in the
menu Is

about help for Windows and not OpenDrive. Is the new one accessible
with JAWS 2018, 2019 and NVDA 2019.1.1? Windows 10 is in the near future.

I was able to find the User Guide for the app on my previous attempt at
learning OpenDrive a couple months ago and, after some fumbling around
yesterday,
found
the darn thing. Am I missing something or is it not available on the
app or only on the page for

www.opendrive.com

I also have a question about uploading documents to the secure folder.
I think I read something during my previous learning attempt about a
second password

being necessary to complete it. Does this replace the password one
signs in with or are there two passwords needed to do different things.

I do not have experience with DropBox etc. and heartily disliked
OpenDrive on my earlier effort with the thing and, today, don't like it
any better.
Does anyone have any hints or suggestions for configuring the app so it
works better with JAWS and/or NVDA? I'm running Google Chrome and Firefox.

Any help getting my money's worth out of OpenDrive and feeling
comfortable with it would be greatly appreciated.

Margaret