Re: Windows Ten Question

Shelly Kane

Thank you Ron!  I greatly appreciate you answering my question. My computer will be nine years old in February but I really don't do much with it.  Will Thunderbird work the same?  Occasionally, I will hit control escape to bring up the start menu and get it that way but for the most part, I use alt control T.  I also have shortcut keys for Firefox and Chrome.  I really don't want to learn all about it basically just the things I do.

Shelly

On 9/17/2019 10:09 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hello:

In answer to your questions: You shouldn't have major difficulty using Windows 10.  I was reticent to install it for a few years, but when I did install it, It wasn't very difficult to use.  Your browsers: Firefox, and Chrome should work just about the same as with Windows 7.  Thunderbird also works without issues.
The only major difference that I can see for normal operation is the Windows Explorer/My Computer now in Windows 10 known as This PC interface. It uses the ribbons.  However, you can easily achieve most operations such as creating a new folder and sorting and listing items via hotkeys and the context menu.  There is also a hack to restore This PC to the normal menu driven system of Windows 7 and earlier.

For the installation, you might call the Microsoft phone for disability and ask them to install it remotely.  Lacking that, you can buy a new computer and it will come installed.

Here is the phone number:
Microsoft Disability Assistance Phone Number
1-800-936-5900

On 9/17/2019 2:00 AM, Shelly Kane wrote:
        HI Group:

Just recently, I received a notification on my computer telling me that as of January that Windows Seven won't be supported anymore. My question is what is the easiest way for me to obtain Windows Ten?  When I get it, how would I set it up on my computer so I will be able to navigate around?  I know nothing about this operating system.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Will my programs read the same way as they are now?

Shelly