Hi Group:

I have read all of your comments and I thank you all so much for your help.  Gene, you have given me a lot to consider.  My decision has been made.  I am going to look into getting a new desktop computer.  Mine is so slow and it's pretty old and I'm not sure if I want to bother putting windows 10 on it.  Now my question is:  does any of you have any good recommendations on a computer?  The one I'm using is a no name and I'm not planning to go that route again.  A friend who helped me years ago told me this one wasn't made right for the blind.  He said that my desktop wasn't customized correctly.  I plan on getting a regular computer and put my own copy of Jaws on it.  I know people talked about computers for the blind out of Texas and I'm not going to do that.  I look forward to your recommendations and again, thanks for all of your advice and help.

Shelly

On 9/18/2019 9:42 AM, Gene wrote:
I don't know if a nine-year-old computer has whatever is needed to run Windows 7 or to run it well in terms of what is actually in the computer.  For example, it doesn't use the newer BIOS system and I don't know if or how that might matter.  I hope others discuss this.  Computers that can do what you want to do aren't expensive these days and it might well either be necessary or make more sense just to get a new one with Windows 10 on it.

Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:43 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Windows Ten Question

Thank you Ron!  I greatly appreciate you answering my question. My
computer will be nine years old in February but I really don't do much
with it.  Will Thunderbird work the same?  Occasionally, I will hit
control escape to bring up the start menu and get it that way but for
the most part, I use alt control T.  I also have shortcut keys for
Firefox and Chrome.  I really don't want to learn all about it basically
just the things I do.

Shelly