Re: question on LibreOffice (Microsoft Office compatible suite)

Jim Wohlgamuth

Hi another question on Libre Office,

I notice that while using the Libre Office Writer or the excel equivalent a lot of the Jaws scripts do not work as usual..? Is there a jaws script that I can get for Libre Office that will allow it to perform better with Jaws? If so, where would I get said scripts? Thanks! de

<wohlggie@...><KF8LT><Jim Wohlgamuth>.

On 22-Sep-19 19:27, Sugar Lopez wrote:

Dear Quentin.

Thanks so much, this has helped me to decide.

Smile

sugar

"If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care."

😉

Sugar

https://www.gofundme.com/sugars-transplant-journey

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2019 3:28 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] question on LibreOffice (Microsoft Office compatible suite)

Hi Sugar,

LibreOffice comes with:

Writer (Word processor - like Microsoft Word)

Calc (Spreadsheet program - like Excel)

Impress (Presentations - like PowerPoint)

Draw (Drawings)

Math formula

Base (Database - like Access)

It doesn't have an email client.  If you are looking at a laptop with Windows 10, your dad might try Windows mail (built into Windows 10), or Thunderbird.  On earlier versions of Windows, Thunderbird, or Windows Live Mail might be options.

Using email via webmail may also be an option - all that is needed for that is the web browser (whichever one your dad uses).  For a sighted mouse user, web mail works pretty much the same as a full client, for an NVDA user, it's possible to use it, although I prefer using a client.

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 1:07 AM Sugar Lopez <sugarsyl71@...> wrote:

Hi all

I am going to purchase a lap top for my dad.

Before I do, I want to know if anyone knows about

•             LibreOffice (Microsoft Office compatible suite)

Does it have a e mail client?

Has anyone ever used it before?

He uses MSN for his e mails so I was wondering if it would work for him

Thanks

sugar

"If we could look into each other's hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care."

😉

Sugar

https://www.gofundme.com/sugars-transplant-journey

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.