Re: Confirm or disprove a rumor that iPhone 6S will no longer be supported after 13.1 update this month?

chris judge

I believe you can update the 5C to IOS 12, but you need to use itunes to do it.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shelly Kane
Sent: September 25, 2019 3:35 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Confirm or disprove a rumor that iPhone 6S will no longer be supported after 13.1 update this month?

Hi Group:

My mom has an I phone 5 C and she has had it for five years and she hasn't had updates since IOS 9 came out. Her phone works fine. Of course, she doesn't use it much. She just uses it for texting and phone calls. The phone works fine but just doesn't have the updates. I have an SE that will be 3 years old and I'm hoping to get another year out of it. I think Apple wants to scare people so they run out and buy a new phone. Apple also makes our older phones slower to persuade us to buy new ones. I know what's really going on and I don't fall for it. Hope this helps.

Shelly

On 9/24/2019 1:24 PM, Cristóbal wrote:
It'll probably be good for any 13.X updates, but I wouldn't hold my breath for next year's 14 iOS.
That aside, it should still work perfectly fine even after Apple stops providing iOS updates for it. No different than Win 7 for example where its lifecycle came to an end, but that didn't mean that suddenly the OS was no longer functional.
I have an SE as my second business cell and I plan on using that bad boy until the wheels fall off.
Most likely, you may find that certain apps once iOS 14 come out may start giving you problems or run slower or simply not have all the features available than newer versions, but as far as the phone not working? Not true.