Re: Should I upgrade to windows 10?

Gerald Levy

Another consideration to keep in mind before deciding to upgrade to Windows 10 is that JAWS 16 is not yet fully compatible with it.  For instance, it still does not work with the new Edge browser.  So you may want to wait until JAWS 17 is released before going ahead and upgrading to Win 10.

Gerald

From: Gene
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Should I upgrade to windows 10?

To help you decide if you want to upgrade, one consideration is whether you care about additional features Windows 10 offers.  I have a Windows 7 machine and I don't care at all about the new features.  If you want to play with Curtana (spelling) that may be a reason you might want to upgrade.  I don't care about that nor about any other feature I've read about but you may.  Upgrading justbecause something is free and new is not a good reason to upgrade.

Another consideration is how old your computer is.  If you are using Windows 7 and your machine isn't old, you might want to upgrade.  Support for Windows 7 ends in 2020 so you still have morethan four years of support if you are using Windows 7.  If you anticipate that you will still be using your current computer about four years from now, you may want to upgrade.

But if you do upgrade, though you may not have any problems, you may such as driver incompatibility problems.