From: "Chris G" <chris@magiccastle.online>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2019 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] android or chrome os on a desktop?

Hi Simon,

You can get Chrome OS on a desktop, they call them Chrome Box.

chromeVox not to be confused with Chrome Box is the screen reader.
Depending on what you want to do with Chrome OS, it works well.

Plus you can install and run supported Android apps.

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while
actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio
tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer
eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing
exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much
more.
Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 02:15:40 +0100
"goshawk on horseback" <goshawk_on_horseback@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:

hello all,
am currently running win7 on my desktop machine, but seemingly support for
this is going to end this coming january.
not only do I not really want windows 10, as I have just heard so many
stories of access issues with it, especially when it comes to those pesky
ribbon menus, but as my current screenreader is window-eyes, that
seemingly won't work with it as well.
so if I have got to change both my os and screenreader, rather than the
win10 rout, I wondered if there is any sort of android desktop machine?
as at least having used that on my samsung phone, if there is, I thought
that may be a better rout to go.
if that's not possible, another option that I am considering, is something
like chrome os, again, if I can find that on a desktop machine, so am
wondering if anyone has had any experience of this with it's screenreader,
and range of apps?
as I have heard a few good things about this, but don't really know that
much about it.

Simon