Re: Dropbox always says phone is locked, can't figure out how to unlock it.

Smiling?

new dropbox rules
Data: Saturday, April13, 2019 17:09:32 +1200
De: Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@gmail.com>

Hi all.

This is a small warning to everyone that uses dropbox.

From march this year, all basic accounts are limited to 3 devices.

What does that mean?

Nothing, except that dropbox remembers every device and session ever made.

So you reformat your computer or change your account name, or get another computer and don't unlink first, your device becomes a ghost device same with app programs, and brouser sessions.

1. sign into dropbox.

The easiest way to do this is to login with your own client, click the tray icon and launch dropbox.

Now near the top of the page is a menu called my account hit space on that, scroll down to settings, hit shift space to exit forms mode then hit enter.

Don't move about else things will just not work right.

Now dropbox settings load.

hit control home for the top of the page then h.

2. select security tab, in the same way, enter forms mode once you scroll down to the list of tabs, and locate security.

get out of forms mode and hit enter.

Next control home again.

then hit t.

3. The next thing to do is locate every session in the first table which has an end session button it and hit the space bar till they are all gone.

Next locate the device tree which is directly below the brouser treeview.

The first device in the list is your device.

scroll to the end of that list.

Every device you have ever linked including every ghost device linked in the past will exist, I had 6, my dad had 2.

Hit unlink button on all the devices bar the one that says its been modified in the last hour.

Every other device will have a time when it was last valid.

Finally go through the steps of going to my account, then settingss however next select the connected apps view.

Then disconnect every app you don't use and service.

If you need to link devices take note of the devices you want to connect.

A basic user can connect up to 3 devices.

Those can be a computer, a phone and one other device or 3 computers.

You can buy, but to be honest, if you get this warning and are only using 1 device, then you probably have a lot of ghost devices.

I'd also update your password at this time if you have forgotten it if you haven't already.