Re: captcha be gone status

Brent Harding

I hope it's still possible to cancel that captcha be gone thing, as I put my card info into their page, whatever they are using, as it isn't a paypal subscription. The last I knew, the website was still up, offering this service for sale.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2019 4:55 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] captcha be gone status

As I mentioned previously, this guy tried to pull a fast one.  Initially, this Chrome captcha solving extension  was free, but about two weeks later, he decided that he would start charging $140 a year, basing this on the Barnum precept that there's a sucker born every minute, especially blind succkers.  Of course, he got no takers, and I think he just gave up, much like the developer of Captcha Be Gone. Plus, it was never listed in the Chrome apps store, which means that it was probably never an officially approved extension in the first place.

Gerald

On 10/11/2019 4:18 PM, Mike B wrote:

Hi All,

Sorry, I was thinking this was a different captcha solving extension.  Does anyone know if the free captcha solving chrome extension is still being supported?  Below is the developers email:

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Every man should marry.  After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2019 11:59 AM

How do you remove this extension from Chrome?  I'm not finding any delete / remove buttons like other extensions I have installed.  Also, I'm not finding any delete / remove options in the context menu.    All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Every man should marry.  After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2019 9:27 AM

My understanding is that anyone who got screwed over by Captcha Be Gone can contact PayPal for a refund.  The developer apparently had a previous record of starting similar ventures and then giving up and absconding with his customers' money.

Gerald

On 10/11/2019 12:16 PM, Cristóbal wrote:

Yeah, the Dev’s got a personal Twitter account as well as one for his company (Accessible Apps), but don’t think he actively monitors it.

Probably the best you can do is reach out to him documenting your attempts to stop the charge then reach out to your card company to try to kill that recurring charge or dispute it.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2019 7:57 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Captcha Be Gone is long gone.  There are no longer any accessible captcha-solving services except for Webvisum, which only works with Firefox 52 ESR and earlier.

Gerald

On 10/11/2019 10:33 AM, lance allison wrote:

does anyone happen to know the status of captcha be gone have been trying to get in touch with them several times over the week about a refund and cannot get in touch with anybody just wondering if it is still even active have not used my desktop in over a year so don't know if it works or not but they're still billing and I thought I cancelled anyway let me know thanks

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.