Re: blood pressure moniter

Yes, indeed, the arm blood pressure monitors are far more accurate. That
said, blood pressure monitors never truly give the same readings no matter
how many times you run a test. For example, someone could have the blood
pressure checked and it could be in the high hell; for such folks, just wait
a few seconds or about a minute and check again, a different reading will be
obtained. People who have what is typically labelled White Collar Syndrome
will usually have their readings skying through the roofs at initial read.

My company has always wanted to carry for sale talking blood pressure
monitors; I personally had the honor and pleasure of testing two such
devices when the company was approached by its makers. In fact, company
still has these two demo units on its shelf and I still play ball with them
now and then.

I didn't make a decision as to whether or not my company will agree to be a
reseller of the monitors I tested. Why? Despite reading the instructions a
thousand times over, I didn't figure out an easy way of getting them set up.
I suggested to the two makers to consider a different implementation of the
speech readout; no, they weren't open to that idea. I also told them that I
didn't want the selling price to go past $50 minus shipping should that be
necessary. No, my view did not count! They would sell the product to my
company at $58.75; hmm, not enough room for a mark-up that will not break
too many banks!

Ok, I let out too many secrets; so back to my hiding tent I go! But just
before I run, I agree with Gene's comments that a reading comparison of some
kind be done at a doctor's office in order to help determine whether or not
the readings will be reasonably reliable. Anyhow, I keep talking to blood
pressure makers with the hope that my company and I will stumble on one that
we can put through the torture test before announcing its availability to
the general public. Indeed, got to make a penny and a farthing over there
to stay employed, but, no, conscience won't let me sell something that does
not satisfy the torture test in my covert chambers.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado