From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2019 8:19 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] blood pressure moniter

I didn't have to set up anything on the speak to me unit.
I'm sure you can set up some sort of profile for you, in
terms of seeing information under your name or something
similar, such as user 1. But I'm the only user. Andd I
have access to the memory, which allows me to go back and
see a lot of previous readings. Because I didn't set up a
profile, they weren't marked in any way as to time and day,
which I suspect is done with a profile. But if I take three
measurements in a certain morning and I want to check them,
I can go through and hear those measurements. The memory
goes back much further.

The machine isn't ideal because you can't set up a profile
by yourself but it is very adequate and completely
accessible for performing its main function. If you want
perfection, you often won't get something that is very
useable.

Regarding accuracy of measure, proper instructions tell you
to take three measurements of blood pressure for each
session. I don't recall how far apart they should be
spaced. I often take three.

As far as the white coat syndrome is concerned, that refers
to some peoples' reaction when having their pressure taken
in a doctor's office. I suppose some people might be
anxious at home, but I would think they would know it.

Where I find a home unit especially helpful is in the
following two areas:
It helps me know if the medicines, at the doses prescribed,
are working adequately or reasonably. That helps me tailor
the dose with the doctor in a timely manner.

Another very important use I find is that I can regulate and
really get a senbse of whether I've eaten too much salty
food, depending on whether my blood pressure goes up too
far.

I keep track of my sodium but this sort of monitoring helps
me know, in my case, not just from a general rule, about
what my daily limit should be.