Re: blood pressure moniter

Gene

I'm telling you from experience that it isn't, at least not on the cuff used with my machine.  It doesn't slide or fall off.  You loosen the velcroe and there is a metal rod that the part of the cuff is under that keeps it in place.  it doesn't keep it from moving, but it keeps it from falling away from the other part.  So you can make it looser or tighter and then press the part you are sliding against the other part to make the velcroe tight.

Gene

Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:20 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] blood pressure moniter

Really?  Once you slide the cuff in place around your upper arm, if you unfasten the velcro fasteners to make the cuff tighter with your free hand , it is liable to fall off or slide out of place unless you have somebody else on hand to help you adjust it.  My doctor has advised me never to attach the cuff this way because it could result in inaccurate readings.  He suggested that if I didn't have another person on hand to wrap the cuff properly around my upper arm, then I should consider a wrist monitor instead.

Gerald

On 10/14/2019 11:57 PM, Gene wrote:
You could easily tighten it and experiment.

Sent: Monday, October 14, 2019 10:44 PM

That would be my problem, Gerald.  I would make it too loose.

Jan