Re: blood pressure moniter

Gene

And even if what you are saying is correct, which it isn't, and I base that on more than fifteen years' experience, not on a doctor's advice who doesn't have any idea what blind people can do, if you adjust it with the help of a sighted person, you don't have to adjust it again.  You don't keep changing the adjustment.  You adjust it and, when adjusted, it stays adjusted.  Just one more example of blind people receiving inferior medical treatment because they are blind.  Use the less accurate wrist monitor.  You will get a less accurate reading, but that's just part of being blind.

From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:30 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] blood pressure moniter

As far as doctors telling blind people what they can and can't do, their advice is no more accurate than anyone else's.  They are doctors.  That doesn't mean they know anything about blindness and I evaluate their advice on the basis that if it makes sense, fine, if it doesn't, well, that's just one more sighted person who thinks he knows about blindness who, as is so often the case, doesn't.

Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:20 AM

Really?  Once you slide the cuff in place around your upper arm, if you unfasten the velcro fasteners to make the cuff tighter with your free hand , it is liable to fall off or slide out of place unless you have somebody else on hand to help you adjust it.  My doctor has advised me never to attach the cuff this way because it could result in inaccurate readings.  He suggested that if I didn't have another person on hand to wrap the cuff properly around my upper arm, then I should consider a wrist monitor instead.

Gerald

On 10/14/2019 11:57 PM, Gene wrote:
You could easily tighten it and experiment.

Sent: Monday, October 14, 2019 10:44 PM

That would be my problem, Gerald.  I would make it too loose.

Jan