Re: blood pressure moniter

Monte Single

Hold your arm straight out while adjusting  the cuff.  It  cannot slide off..

Maybe your doctor is used to having a helper.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: October-15-19 5:20 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] blood pressure moniter

Really?  Once you slide the cuff in place around your upper arm, if you unfasten the velcro fasteners to make the cuff tighter with your free hand , it is liable to fall off or slide out of place unless you have somebody else on hand to help you adjust it.  My doctor has advised me never to attach the cuff this way because it could result in inaccurate readings.  He suggested that if I didn't have another person on hand to wrap the cuff properly around my upper arm, then I should consider a wrist monitor instead.

Gerald

On 10/14/2019 11:57 PM, Gene wrote:

You could easily tighten it and experiment.

Sent: Monday, October 14, 2019 10:44 PM

That would be my problem, Gerald.  I would make it too loose.

Jan