Re: Mute This Topic?

Cristóbal

A very useful feature indeed. If you’re subscribed to a lot of Groups.Io mailing lists, it’s worth it to go through the trouble of creating an account just for this alone.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:35 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Mute This Topic?

As I recall, mute this topic is a link.  You may be reading mail as plain text so the program probably won't follow a link when you press enter on it.  I haven't used this feature and I'm writing to see if people will comment on my reply.

Aside from reading mail as plain text, do you have an account?  I believe that if you don't have an account set up, you can't use this feature.  But you should still be taken somewhere in your default browser if you press enter on mute this topic and you are reading mail as HTML.

Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:18 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] Mute This Topic?

Hello List, I am using Outlook 2016 on a Windows 10 desk top computer with Jaws 2019 to read my messages.  From time to time, a subject in which I have no interest comes up and I would like to not have to wade through it again and again.

One of the options on this list is:

“Mute This Topic”, but neither pressing Enter or Space bar nor Tab, have stopped this topic from popping up again and again.

Does anyone here know how to make this work?

I would really appreciate help on this, since it would definitely cut down on the time it takes to go through messages!

Sincerely, Vicky V