From: "Troy Burnham" <troyburnham34@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 4:23 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how can I tell if a web site is legitimate?

I did a little more investigating on my own this evening, and after
googling how to determine if a site is legitimate or not I looked and
this site does have a privacy policy, and I did find an e-mail address
associated with the site itself. As I said my mom did most of the
looking this afternoon although I did add the jersey to the cart myself
and sent the payment, but she was the one that gave me the gmail address
from the page she was on.

I called mlb.com this afternoon too and gave them the order number the
site gave me and I found out that not only is that not an order number
that mlb.com would use but there had also been no orders placed today
from my account info.

Although I found a different e-mail address on the site the same phone
number that I used this afternoon was listed there, so since I got a
recording informing me that was a realty company when I called today I
plan to call the number again tomorrow hoping to actually talk to
somebody to try to get to the bottom of all of this. In the meantime
though I sent an e-mail to the site using the address I found saying
that I was having second thoughts and wished to cancel my order, and
before that I contacted pay pal and was told that I have to wait 5-7
days before I can file a complaint.

Even if I receive the jersey though, the thought did cross my mind that
it might not be authentic so my plans then would be to send it back and
get my money back, then go to mlb.com and pay the full price for what I
know is authentic.

Troy

On 10/20/2019 9:17 PM, Brian K. Lingard wrote:
Dear Steve, Troy & List:
First, I would write to MLB.com customer service asking if 115worldseries.com is an authorized reseller of their goods. Also mention the name of the realty firm the customer service number connected you to and their Google Mail address.

Based on your experience this far, sounds doubtful as to legitimacy.

Not sure of the retail marking on sports jerseys, however, on clothing it is usually 50%. If the store pays $50 for it, full price is $100, goes on sale at end of season for $80, on Black Friday for $70. If the web site is outlaw, you want MLV to use their big-name lawyers to
Close them down immediately.
Brian K. Lingard