Re: victor stream internal memory

Keith S

it is a micro SD card.

Keith

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 7:22 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] victor stream internal memory

I've not yet had one out to look at it, but from what folks have said, it's a microSD card.  After all, isn't a microSD card a memory card?

On 10/20/2019 5:57 PM, Pamela Dominguez wrote:
You don’t mean micro SD card.  You mean memory card, right?  Pam.

Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2019 3:19 PM

I believe that it’s Linux and yes, you could pull out the micro SD card place it within a card reader if necessary and look at it entirely if you so selectively chose.

You could also purchase a new internal chip for the Second Generation Victor if desired. There will be hidden partitions within this data though.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2019 8:27 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

As you say, "unless you the user, wishes to take out the “internal memory,” beneath the battery and access it."  Only speculating:  I can then plug that chip into a card reader and acccess it using my computer.  And what would I see?  What would be the language of the apps programmed there?  Would they be decompilable, editable, recompilable, etc.?  I bought a second stream so I could do just those things with my first; and if I really mess it up, I'll still have a good stream.

HowardHoward

On 10/20/2019 4:28 AM, Smiling? wrote:

Not unless you the user, wishes to take out the “internal memory,” beneath the battery and access it. Otherwise no, there is no way whatsoever of accessing it.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2019 8:27 AM

Unfortunately, To my knowledge, the creators of the Victor Stream have not given us a way to access internal memory directly.

On 10/19/2019 3:36 AM, john s wrote:

Monte, when you are in the online bookshelf, you are in internal memory.  The offline bookshelf is your sd card.

At 12:10 AM 10/19/2019, Monte Single, wrote:

How do you put a file in internal memory to begin with?
How do I get to the internal memory?
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of andy.tidwell
Sent: October-18-19 7:49 PM

Hello Monte, when you get to a file or podcast or radio recording on the internal memory press the number 3 key twice. The first press says delete and the second press says move file to sd card then press the pound key twice and the file will be removed from the internal memory and moved to the sd  card.
I just tried mine and I can’t find any way to put the files back in the internal memory.
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io > On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2019 9:24 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] victor stream internal memory

Hi List,
When I use the info key on my 2nd gen victor stream,  it says the internal memory has 5.6  gigs available.
How do I place  and remove files from this memory?
Thanks,
Monte

John

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.