Re: What is the Best way to find out space used and available on a T - Drive

Geoff Eden

Or, press insert tab while pointing a drive in file explorer, if using JAWS.

Geoff

From: Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 12:54 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] What is the Best way to find out space used and available on a T - Drive

Yo Bro,

Try the following for each drive to get the properties of the drive:
1. Open Computer / your list of drives by pressing, Windows key + E, or press enter on the, Computer, icon on the desktop.

2. Down arrow to select / highlight the 1st drive you want to get the properties of and press, Alt + Enter, to open properties, or open the context menu by pressing the applications key, arrowing up to, Properties, and pressing enter.

3. Give the drive a couple of seconds to populate / load the data.  Now route the Jaws cursor to the PC cursor with the keystroke, Insert + Numpad minus / Jaws cursor key and down arrow to get the results.  You'll hear, Used Space, so listen closely to what Jaws is saying because you'll hear a long number that is the number of bytes, then you'll hear the number of GB used.

4. Down arrow again to hear, Free Space, and again just like step 3 you'll hear the long number and then the number of GB that is free space.

5. use  the same steps from above on each external drive.

Every man should marry.  After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.