Dear Friends, Need help with sounds, got New Headphones, and not the same strength on both sides!

Alan

Dear Friends,
Can some one please help me, I just purchased a new Sony Headphone set, and it does not sound like my Old Sony Headphones.
My last set of Sony lasted over 2 years, but it could not contain any more PVC tape, it had been dropped and sat on, just too, too many times!
Whoa!
I am using a USB Microphone, and that is not an issue, just the headphones.
It seems music is much, much louder on one side than the other, it is there, but since it is a Stereo headphone, it needs to be equal in strength, and for some reason this new headphone set does not do that.
I looked and felt the new headphones to see if there was a way to adjust the headphones, but nothing there.
I guess I need to go into my Windows 7 settings into the Sound section and make some adjustments.
Will some one please give me step by step instructions how to do that , make the left side of the Stereo sound the same strength as the right side?
I would very much appreciate it.
Thanking you in advance.
With best regards.
God Bless.