Re: Hot Key for command prompt at current folder

Steven Johnson <saxmonger@...>

Thank you Blaster. That's exactly what I needed. Doesn't get much easier than that.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Blaster
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 8:20 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Hot Key for command prompt at current folder

You can try doing this:

Using your example, navigate to the folder using the file explorer.
Once your there,
Press the ALT key and tap the letter D key to jump up to the address bar. Pressing any key will delete the path that's highlighted, just type cmd and press the enter key to open a command prompt at that location.

To go the other way, that is to say to jump from a command prompt to a file explorer window in that location, type this command at the
prompt:
start .
which is the word start, a space, a period and then press the enter key.
This will open a file explorer window at that location.

It's 2019 and the command prompt isn't dead yet!

HTH,
Blaster

I am not aware of such a command, you are working with a DOS prompt.
But there is an easy way to get to the folder, as I recall. I can't
tell you exactly how to do this because I don't have Windows 10. But
when you are using file explorer, there should be a way to open the
folder and then copy and paste the address to the clipboard. Then you
can open the DOS prompt, type cd and then space and paste the address into the command line.

I can't check that in Windows 10 and I'm not sure if it will require
you to add anything manually to the address, but it will give people
something to experiment with.