From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
James Bentley
Sent: November-01-19 4:02 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Needing some advice on purchasing a new desktop

I would hold out for an SSD. A 512GB if you have the cash. Especially if
that 1TB is only a 5400 RPM drive which most will be.

If you are doing image backups or half a dozen other resource intensive
task, maybe transferring a large file while you half 10 Chrome tabs open all
at the same time. I think you will be happier over the long run with more
computing power.

Do you ever want to be able to do several things all at one time while you
are also running a virus scan? A 512GB SSD and 12GB ram and at least an I5
quad core processor.is the only way to go if the cash flow is sufficient.
Even if you need to wait until your finances are sufficient.

$800.00, sounds a bit high for that Acer unless it comes with accessories.
Isn't there a Black Friday coming up in just a few weeks. I bet Amazon
will be kicking butt with totally major sales.

But, Gene really is right, There definitely is no right or wrong answer to
this situation. It's just what you personally think you need or what you
prefer.

Some people might use the money that they saved on a new high dollar
computer and buy another really nice toy. Or, set it aside for retirement.

Congratulations! It sounds like you are taking your time and thinking
seriously about making a right decision on this new PC.

Cheers,

James B