groups.io question

Steve Matzura

I am the owner of several groups on this service. There is one group I'm having a bit of trouble with figuring out how to set so that non-subscribers may post without needing approval, but the list itself is not open to public subscription. In other words, the only way one can become a member of the group is by invitation, but anyone from the outside can post. I would even accept first posts require approval, then everything thereafter from a first-message-approved user could go through, while said user remained unsubscribed. All replies go to the members only, so if you're an outsider and you post something to the group, members have to reply to you specifically as well as to the group for everyone to see the reply. Mailman was very good at this kind of setup, but I just can't figure out what checkboxes to check (or not) to emulate this behavior.

Any thoughts or ideas gratefully accepted, with my thanks in advance.