Re: Seeking laptop consensus, storage drive versus DVD-R-W

Mary Smith

Hello Steve, if I had to choose between extra storage and a dvd drive, I would definitely tell you that the extra storage is better.

Mary.

On 11/4/2019 10:48 AM, Steven Johnson wrote:

Hello good people.  I just got a bare bones laptop that I am rebuilding for online sale.  It has 2 drive bays; one of them will have a 256gb SSD.  My question is this:  Which do you prefer in a laptop, a DVD-R-W optical drive and no storage other than the solid state drive, or a 1tb 7200 RPM drive and no DVD ROM?  It does have USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.  Just taking a consensus in the blind/visually impaired community.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.