Re: How do I get Jaws to number emails in Outlook using Jaws

Smiling?

You've been saying this for quite sometime and I personally have not noticed
at all the fact that filters within Outlook cause the amounts of emails
within whatever given folder not to be mentioned.

I think whomever it is that gave you this idea was not only in-correct, but
they most likely while helping you in the past, came up with this idea
because of their messing with filters and magically JAWS started once again
saying the amounts of emails. Once again though, I myself have not noticed
anything in regards to filters limiting the amounts of emails being able to
be announced by JAWS, but I know that you have it pretty hard set within
your mind that this seems to be the reason.

Creating Filters/Rules for Outlook

1. Highlight whatever email and use your Applications key or Shift+F10
keystroke and arrow to Rules submenu... hit enter.
2. Up arrow once to highlight Manage Rules and Alerts... hit enter. This is
going to open up a Rules and Alerts dialogue where you can create,
manage/modify and setup rules.