From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2019 3:35 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] A new free antivirus program

Recently, my Microsoft Security Essentials developed a problem.  It downloads definitions but can't install them, it says there is a connection or network problem, but it first shows that it is downloading for many minutes.  I tried manually downloading definitions but they won't install.

I may have to use another program on my Windows 7 machine.  I don't use the machine online much and infection isn't likely but I'd still like something.

I recently saw a discussion about using version 8 of Esset.  Does such an old version still do a good job and are there problems it causes in operation of the computer or performance?

Thanks for any information.