From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Smiling?
Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 4:32 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How do I get Jaws to number emails
in Outlook using Jaws

You've been saying this for quite sometime and I personally
have not noticed at all the fact that filters within Outlook
cause the amounts of emails within whatever given folder not
to be mentioned.

I think whomever it is that gave you this idea was not only
in-correct, but they most likely while helping you in the
past, came up with this idea because of their messing with
filters and magically JAWS started once again saying the
amounts of emails. Once again though, I myself have not
noticed anything in regards to filters limiting the amounts
of emails being able to be announced by JAWS, but I know
that you have it pretty hard set within your mind that this
seems to be the reason.

Creating Filters/Rules for Outlook

1. Highlight whatever email and use your Applications key or
Shift+F10 keystroke and arrow to Rules submenu... hit enter.
2. Up arrow once to highlight Manage Rules and Alerts... hit
enter. This is going to open up a Rules and Alerts dialogue
where you can create, manage/modify and setup rules.